Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) is a treatment intervention that aims at assisting the client in understanding and changing unhelpful thoughts and behaviour. In CBT it is believed that dysfunctional thinking influences a person's mood and behaviour. CBT is goal oriented, problem focused, time limited and requires a good therapeutic relationship emphasizing collaboration and active participation. CBT aims to teach the client the skills to identify, evaluate and respond to dysfunctional thinking independently.
Components of CBT for depression:
- Help clients solve problems.
- Behavioural activation.
- identify/respond to thoughts about their self, the world and their future.
Components of CBT for anxiety:
- Better assess risk of the situation.
- Consider and utilize internal and external resources.
- Decrease avoidance.
- Confront situations clients fear by testing negative predictions.
MindWorx Counselling Services
Mississauga, ON L5M 0Y2
Copyright © 2020 MindWorx Counselling Services - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder